We're enjoying a fabulous Book Week in the Senior School this week and here are some of the highlights:
- We've written a school novel called The Magic Glasses where each child in the school has contributed one line to the story. We'll publish it after mid-term.
- Our 5th and 6th class pupils have been writing Flash Fiction (6 word novels) and we look forward to hearing them
- Nick Murphy (one of the script writers on Moone Boy) skyped Ms. Nelly's 6th class and spoke to them about how he became a writer
- Paul Heffernan delivered brilliant sessions on Calligraphy, Storyboard and Character Creations. Thanks Paul
- Liam Nolan and Molly Cohen – our transition year students – showed the children how to illustrate their books with cartoons. Well done Liam and Molly!
- Our very own author Thomas Norton spoke to the children about writing his own book – Presidential Problems - and publishing it!!! Signed copies on sale in school for €5 each!
We've had all our usual competitions and our school is full of displays – why not come in and see our Book in a Box and Models in the Halla and visit our Book Fair in the Curriculum Room?
- Míle buíochas Sharon and Niamh for all your help at the Book Fair. You are stars!
- Thanks to our wonderful pupils for their hard work and creativity and our wonderful teachers for encouraging reading and the love of books!
- Our prize-giving will take place on Friday and we also have Dress up Day for Hallowe'en! The excitement is building...
For more details, check out our Book Week Newsletter under the News section of the website! And remember... Keep on reading!