St. Attracta's Senior National School is situated in the small parish of Meadowbrook. Close to Dundrum, Ballinteer, Churchtown, Marlay and Rathfarnham.
Local facilities include DLR Meadowbrook Leisure Centre & Swimming Pool, St. John's G.A.A. Club, Airfield House, Dundrum Athletic & Broadford Rovers Football Clubs, Marlay Park and St. Enda's Park.
21 teachers (including Principal) catering for classroom teaching and learning support for English, Maths and supplementary teaching, learning support and resource hours for pupils with special needs.
From 8.50a.m.- 2.30p.m.
Break time: 10.30 - 10.40a.m.
Lunch time: 12.30 - 1.00p.m.
The Board of Management can accept no responsibility for children on the school premises before 8.50 a.m. and after 2.30 p.m.
A calendar for the year based on the Standardised School Year set down by the Department of Education & Science is issued to all parents in June each year.
Bus Routes 14, 75, 116, 161
2 minutes drive from Luas & Dundrum Town Centre
Accommodation and Facilities
- Twelve regular classrooms with self-contained cloakroom and toilet facilities.
- 100 square metre Curriculum Room for music, drama, educational workshops, circle time and cookery.
- Modern networked school and ICT Lab containing 20 PCs, server, colour printers and laptops and tablets for special needs pupils.
- PC and interactive whiteboards in all classrooms. WiFi and supervised filtered internet access applies throughout the school.
- Podcasting room for eTwinning and school radio broadcasts.
- Dedicated school library with 6500 fiction books and a wide selection of non-fiction books for project work and general knowledge. Also class libraries, each with 300 books.
- 5 learning support rooms catering for needs of individual pupils in literacy, numeracy, special needs and second language teaching.
- Hall and PE equipment room, facilitating a wide range of sporting and arts activities.
- Teachers' resource library including a wide range of educational equipment and materials.
- School siopa open all year round supplying school uniforms to pupils.